Thoughts from SD and Northeast WY residents

I'm in Gillette Wy. Generally a good area for hunting. If I was moving I'd look at Buffalo/Sheridan at the base of the Bighorn Mtns. That might really fit your needs.
Bruce

How hard is it for the average person to get access to all of the private land around the Razor City? Seems like such a clean town like someone dropped a new town out of the sky right there.

"You can jump on 90 and get to Billings airport pretty easily, too. "

LOL.

Yep Interstate's are scary. I see Idiot's driving on them every day.
Stay home, stay safe.

She thought the drive from Buffalo to Tensleep was worse than the Beartooth. Has I-90 from Spearfish to Billings ever had more than 10 cars per mile traffic density?

Around Gillette access to private land is fairly tough. Reasonable amount of public in the region tho. You just have to figure on traveling a little ways. Depends on what your hunting too. Been out N og Gillette looking for an elk. Nothing so far. Got into a covey of Sharptails the other day and got my limit in 5 minutes. Good numbers of deer around and a couple of walk-in/public access areas available within 30 miles or so.
I used to go to Jackson Hole for elk. About 7 hrs each way. Then the Bighorns about 2 1/2 to where I was hunting. Then I hunted closer to town for a while. Just depends on what you want.
Sheridan and Buffalo have more public land closer for deer/elk/grouse. Probably about the same as Gillette for antelope.
Bruce

The weather sucks.
Snow and wind Sept. thru June
Only two months of sun.
I here Alaska has wide open spaces.

Don't let wyo fool you. This was my first day ever hunting mule deer, and it was with wyo. sunny and 70...

C41EF635-AB9F-434B-BCFB-13EB54B70908.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.