Thoughts about versapods ?

pyroducksx3

I was looking into the versapod bipod sustem. I like the cant and pan features they offer as well as the ability to quicly change between different bipod lengths or just the ability to carry the rifle without and then quickly put on a bipod, such as from an eberlestock pack. I was looking at either getting the attachment that permently installs in your stock or getting a seekings picatinny rail sling for my hs stock andthen getting the picatinny rail adapter. I dont hear these bipods mentioned at all on here, is there a reason? Also I've heard that there are other manufactuers that use this same concept but are of much more quality and more robust. Any input would be great, thanks

I personally would recommend a Harris Bipod (6-9") that swivels. I have used the Versapod as well its pretty heavy. Being able to take it on and off quickly is nice. It has adjustable heights via springloaded legs. You can also mount a sling on the mount it self. It swivels too much though and if you don't have control of the rifle it can tip over. Keep in mind I have a pretty old version of it though as they may have corrected the problem. If you do get one get the one that has the 45 degree cant.

Another good bipod so I have heard is the Stoney Point Polecat Rapid Pivot bipod. You cant take it on and off quickley and is compact and easily packable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts