thoughts ?

soundwaves

asked a question about this on a diferent thread but didnt have a pic to Show.
l mounted the scope on the rifle in such a angle that the zero for 200 is exectly at the bottom of the adjustments it gives me maximum adjustments for long range this way. lm just wondering if l will have more bullet drop or less drop ex..( 20 clicks at 400 yards normaly but this way l will need to come up 24 ?) or it dont make a difarence ? heres a pic.
unnamed.jpg

Show a side view pic of the scope and rail. What base are you using? How much elevation in the base (e.g. 20MOA)? No offense intended, is the base on backwards?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question.
But scope angle has no effect on bullet drop.
For instance let's say you need 35 moa to 1000 yards. A 0 moa base or a 40 moa base you will still need 35 moa of elevation. It will be different on your turret position.

dont know about MOA Base and all that but heres a frw pics
3333.jpg

23232.jpg

qqeweqeqe.jpg

the bit that l pointed with the pencil is changeable. l had a thinner one but the scope was pointing upwards so l changes it to a thicker one that made the scope point down :D lucky it zeroed exectly on 200 meters. not that l need adjustments under that. will the clicks change acording to this ?

on the second and third pictures it looks like the scope is faceing upways but thats just the angle of the Picture that makes it look that way..!!!

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question.
But scope angle has no effect on bullet drop.
For instance let's say you need 35 moa to 1000 yards. A 0 moa base or a 40 moa base you will still need 35 moa of elevation. It will be different on your turret position.

so you saying that if l used a 10 moa base and zeroed it to 200 yards and needed a corectin of 25 clicks at 400 yards it would be the exact saim if l was useing a 40 moa base ? btw l dont know what those moa bases are :/ thay the things that you use to raise the back of the scope right ?

Never seen bases quite like those. Guessing there will be a small number on 'insert' you changed on the rear base such as 5, 10, 20, 30.

Sounds like you now have X MOA. Meaning the scope 'angles' in a downward manner.

To answer the question about 'clicks' ..... using a X MOA base will not change the scope tracking.

Never seen bases quite like those. Guessing there will be a small number on 'insert' you changed on the rear base such as 5, 10, 20, 30.

Sounds like you now have X MOA. Meaning the scope 'angles' in a downward manner.

To answer the question about 'clicks' ..... using a X MOA base will not change the scope tracking.

so say from a 200 yard zero sooting at 400 yards would need the exact amot of moa or clicks no matter what moa base l am useing ?

so you saying that if l used a 10 moa base and zeroed it to 200 yards and needed a corectin of 25 clicks at 400 yards it would be the exact saim if l was useing a 40 moa base ? btw l dont know what those moa bases are :/ thay the things that you use to raise the back of the scope right ?
Yes you are on the right track. If you need a correction it will be the same correction no matter the moa angle of the base. Moa angled bases allows you to use more turret adjustment just like your base.

Yes you are on the right track. If you need a correction it will be the same correction no matter the moa angle of the base. Moa angled bases allows you to use more turret adjustment just like your base.

thank you verry much. that was exactly what l have been trying to acomplish :D

cant tell you how much this forum has improved my rifle shooting and understanding. all you guys on here are extremly helpfull :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.