This Bear Attack story is amazing and worth the listen.

I haven't quite finished listening yet but this this is another one of those survival stories that just leaves me shaking my head. I feel like after reading these type stories that no matter how prepared or practiced you are, until something this bad happens, you don't know if you're mentally tough enough to get through it.
Not that we shouldn't try prepare or practice, but like his first aid comment right after the attack, there was probably nothing in there that seemed even remotely usable.

If you enjoyed this story, Read "438 Days". It's a story about a fisherman that floated in the Pacific ocean for 438 days after his motor failed in a storm. Rescue came close a couple time during his float but after they didn't see him he had to go back to surviving. I was left wondering how many people actually have the mental toughness to survive. Even those that go into the woods and live off the land for a couple weeks or longer have a end date to keep them going towards. You need something to keep the self pity from taking you down!

I haven't quite finished listening yet but this this is another one of those survival stories that just leaves me shaking my head. I feel like after reading these type stories that no matter how prepared or practiced you are, until something this bad happens, you don't know if you're mentally tough enough to get through it.
Not that we shouldn't try prepare or practice, but like his first aid comment right after the attack, there was probably nothing in there that seemed even remotely usable.

If you enjoyed this story, Read "438 Days". It's a story about a fisherman that floated in the Pacific ocean for 438 days after his motor failed in a storm. Rescue came close a couple time during his float but after they didn't see him he had to go back to surviving. I was left wondering how many people actually have the mental toughness to survive. Even those that go into the woods and live off the land for a couple weeks or longer have a end date to keep them going towards. You need something to keep the self pity from taking you down!
I will try to find 438 days.
Thanks