Thinking of moving out west

Move to GA. Best state in the whole **** Union. Plus it won't be that dramatic of a change from Florida. I have friends who were stationed in Colorado and when they came back they adopted this hipster, outdoorsy but not an outdoorsman attitude. I've been to Colorado before and it kind of reminds me of a Midwestern version of California or Washington. I wouldn't mind living in Montana or Wyoming that would be pretty awesome.

Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas..... Almost anywhere is better then Florida....I did say almost....

Don Dunlap

Thanks for all responses! I've recently looked into northern Idaho. The importation of muslim rapeugies into Idaho has me concerned about Idaho's government and future.

Move to GA. Best state in the whole **** Union. Plus it won't be that dramatic of a change from Florida. I have friends who were stationed in Colorado and when they came back they adopted this hipster, outdoorsy but not an outdoorsman attitude. I've been to Colorado before and it kind of reminds me of a Midwestern version of California or Washington. I wouldn't mind living in Montana or Wyoming that would be pretty awesome.

I like parts of GA. My wife was born there and she has a lot of family there, but I want to get away from high population states. Plus state income taxes. weather is about the same as north Florida.

North Idaho would be a good choice too. I know it has gotten a reputation as being the preferred home of some with Radical ideologies, but these guys are few these days. As a resident of WA, the home of Seattle Liberal extremists, I'd prefer North Idaho to any of the west coast states. If I were 20 yrs younger, I'd move over there myself.

I think you may want the " radical ideology" guys back from what I've been reading about the Twin Falls area. I don't think that stuff would have happened in the 80's and 90's.

Northern Idaho is "IT"!!! Just moved here from the northeast a year and a half ago. Best mix of anywhere ive ever been. Not that it matters to you so much, but the westish coast salaries from spokane and living in Idaho are the way to go. All the game animals u could ever want and freedom to be a gun owner and outdoorsman. Millions of acres of land to roam. Nothing left to ask for. Getting more cali all the time but thats why more like minded people need to move here. Unfortunately ive gotta move back east for six months, but im keeping my fingers crossed for an opening here when im done. Montana is the only other place i have any real interest in living anymore. Low salaries and high housing costs seem to be the big negative there though.
Best of luck

Been looking at northern Idaho. beautiful country, the lakes and rivers are a plus. The close proximity to California/ west coast would be a negative. One thing I am noticeing in some of the western states is the cost of land/housing seems high, I expected lower costs in rural areas than I'm seeing but I'm not an expert. I have 5 acres around 2400 sq ft home some out buildings here in n. fla. Thought I could buy more land and maybe smaller house out there after the sell of my house and maybe have some cash left, but so far have not seen that to be the case

I would avoid Idaho at all costs.. I tried it and it was the worst experience I have ever had. If your interested I could give details in a PM

Thanks a pm would be great. Sorry it took so long to respond. DOD administrator has this web site blocked now, home computer broke

Been looking at northern Idaho. beautiful country, the lakes and rivers are a plus. The close proximity to California/ west coast would be a negative. One thing I am noticeing in some of the western states is the cost of land/housing seems high, I expected lower costs in rural areas than I'm seeing but I'm not an expert. I have 5 acres around 2400 sq ft home some out buildings here in n. fla. Thought I could buy more land and maybe smaller house out there after the sell of my house and maybe have some cash left, but so far have not seen that to be the case

Cost of land in the west is high. Paradise is in high demand. You definitely pay for the privilege to live here.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.