Thinking of moving to Idaho ( Twin Falls - Boise area )

GNERGY

I currently live in Gilbert, AZ and have had enough of the HEAT and having to put in and hope to get drawn to hunt. I mentioned it to my G/F if she ever thought of living in Idaho, and she said if it was the southern area. ( we moved from Ohio 15yrs ago to AZ because she got tired of the winters )
I work for a major bottler and they have plants in Twin Falls and outside of Boise, as a Maintenance Technician-Machinist, so if I want to work another year or 2, I can.
I have my own Lathe and a Mill and build all my own stuff and do some work on the side also.
My bucket list includes a Bear and some Wolves ( which seems there are a lot of them )
So tell me where you live and pros and cons of where to live.
We are heading up there in a week for 10 days to check it out.
Thanks in advance.
Tarey

Boise, Lewiston and CDA areas are being overrun by California. Twin would be my choice, based on cost of living also access to public lands is easy (don't have to go far in any area of the state,really). Real estate is out of control in Ada and even Canyon counties. North of Boise , horseshoe bend/ Emmett area's are more manageable, but always be aware of infrastructure( power water sewer/septic etc...) in areas you're looking at. Weather in the north sucks around 75% of the time. My wife and I have looked all over the state to a nerd level (Live in Post Falls and travel to AZ in the winter for work). Family from central Idaho, college in Boise, looked at moving back there. Blah, blah, I guess, but we saw lots of country and research constantly. Not doing a great job of conveying the info, but if you are serious, pm me and I'd be happy to offer any free insight and things to look for especially if you're going to build.(contractor/building inspector/home inspector.....)

It 'ain t what it used to be' .... last 5 years gotten extremely over run and it s still getting worse; quickly.

Hunting draws are next to impossible to get anymore and the more accessible places overrun with people. Very unfortunate and too many people in construction, RE and Retail making too much money so they don t care about quality of life pummeling. Ever heard the expression about "poop g in U r own backyard' ?

I'm moving to Wyoming next spring from eastern Oregon. I've ******* had it with this democratic no good kommie Kalifonia state. The hunting in Oregon isnt bad, but good luck drawing tags!! Plus the cost of living in Oregon is simply outrageous. I'll give up a little money to have paradise in my backyard and hunt big bulls, antelope, and deer every year. Just got back from Cody checking it out for 4 days and all the surrounding towns. My wife is on board with it, so its gonna happen. Cant wait! Good luck in Idaho...Its not much better than most states these days...

The way you guys describe it, reminds me of this Eagles song, The Last Resort
I know here in Gilbert got invaded by Kalifornans, we paid 150 for our house 15yrs ago and now it is worth close to 300. I read where home prices have went thru the roof around Boise. I would just like to do some hunting and enjoy some retirement before I physically can't or am looking at the grass from the root side.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.