Thermal for beaver control

WinMag4me

Does anyone have experience using a thermal on beavers
I am thinking submerged swimming beavers with only their head above water?
What will work?
Thermal?
Night vision?

Yes. You can see their head sticking out of the water and their eyes will shine. Attached is a 7zip file that includes MP4 video. The site will not allow me to upload the native MP4. The video is shot at 32x so it is pixelated.

Attachments

• beaver.7z
    13.7 MB · Views: 51
I can see alligators with my thermal in black hot with only their head exposed. Figured this out while running through all the color palettes. Beavers shine like a lantern in Red Hot mode. I haven't caught one swimming to tell you for sure but I would think they would show very well compared to a gator

I can see alligators with my thermal in black hot with only their head exposed. Figured this out while running through all the color palettes. Beavers shine like a lantern in Red Hot mode. I haven't caught one swimming to tell you for sure but I would think they would show very well compared to a gator
What brand thermal if you would share?
Approximately what distance are you identifying the gator head?

Thanks for your reply!
I will check out your suggestion as it would be ideal for my problems

If I get an opportunity to spot beaver or muskrat I'll try to remember to video. The Ts 35-384 adder should work for you also. For more range and clarity with thermal you need the higher base magnification and at least 384. The Ts 50 works on base mag of 4. The Ts 35 on base mag of 3. As you zoom things get really grainy. Anything over 16 on mine is unusable. But 4 and 8 work well. I've made kills on deer to 425 on 4 with no issue.
I have a Sightmark Wraith as well and it works pretty well with a good IR light. But the thermal is much less cumbersome and better on batteries