The old 25-06 Remington and 270 Winchester shot flatter than 6.5 CM

You say that but you don't see 30's and you sure as hell don't see 6.5's shooting at king of 2 mile. Physics being what they are a bigger bullet can be made more aerodynamically and assuming equal speeds will always hit harder. The problem is when you remember a 350 gr .375 at 2850 is going to kick a hell of a lot more than a 180 gr 30 cal or 140 gr 6.5. Some people legitimately think they are getting a free lunch with the 6.5 but they aren't.
Maybe - I don't meet a lot of guys out elk hunting with a 375 either...

I am only 37 - 6'5 250lbs, in decent shape and not recoil sensitive...having said that, if I can kill an elk just as dead with something with less recoil I will always lean that direction.

Anybody who grew up elk hunting knows it doesn't take a cannon to kill an elk.

Also, if I take a shot at any game over 500 yards its because I consciously choose to do so, knowing I could get closer if I want to. If you can't get within 500 yards of a deer or an elk, you just flat suck at hunting and should find another past time ( I hear Fortnite is pretty cool) A 6.5 or 25-06 will lay the smack down on an elk out to 500 yards.

Black Jack Bullets is offering a 131 grain 25 cal. bullet with a .330 G7 BC, or .66 G1. There is a thread here on LRH about it. I think I see a 25 cal in my future. I've got other guns to shoot elk, but this bullet in any number of '06 to magnum capacity cases would make an outstanding marmot round... and I dearly love to shoot long range varmints.

I
Maybe - I don't meet a lot of guys out elk hunting with a 375 either...

I am only 37 - 6'5 250lbs, in decent shape and not recoil sensitive...having said that, if I can kill an elk just as dead with something with less recoil I will always lean that direction.

Anybody who grew up elk hunting knows it doesn't take a cannon to kill an elk.

Also, if I take a shot at any game over 500 yards its because I consciously choose to do so, knowing I could get closer if I want to. If you can't get within 500 yards of a deer or an elk, you just flat suck at hunting and should find another past time ( I hear Fortnite is pretty cool) A 6.5 or 25-06 will lay the smack down on an elk out to 500 yards.
I'm not suggesting a cannon. Just pointing out the nature of things.

Before range compensating scopes and areodynamic bullets and rangefinders came into vogue. Most gunwriters taught the point blank range type set up, ie 3 inches high at 100, dead on at 300. This policy is being abandoned by new shooters, for range compensation.scopes. The 6.5 creedmoor with its rainbow trajectory by the old standard would not have made it big.
Recently i saw a thread that mentioned the 270 was dying and he felt the cartridge was behind modern standards. I personally think the 06 and 08 based cartridges are more than up to the new challenges. If they have a faster twist and areodynamic bullets they will leave these smaller case wonders behind, but i myself like most hunters will not change something that works well. I know this is a long range forum, but what is really long range. Each person has to figure that out for themselves. I see it regular where people kill game at 1000 + yards but it is doable, for them.
I guess the thing now that bothers people the most is when a new shooters show up with a rifle and a big scope and declare their selves a 1000 yard hunter.
The 6.5 creedmoor is a popular cartridge and will be for a long time, but once the gun sales slow down, it will be surpassed by something that holds more powder.
Btw i own a 260 myself and have ever since it was standardized 20 or so years. It is a delightful cartridge but when i go for long range the 270, or 280 ackley go along.with me.

Let's see if we can hit another 40 pages of useless bickering on this one in a couple days...

Just wanted to comment before it gets shut down, because I simply, honestly, and sincerely, do not give enough of a flying f*** to comment about which cartridge is better, because I don't like any of them in their SAAMI (non-AI) forms, and could care less about 2 of the 3 in ANY form. HA!!!

Let's see if we can hit another 40 pages of useless bickering on this one in a couple days...

Just wanted to comment before it gets shut down, because I simply, honestly, and sincerely, do not give enough of a flying f*** to comment about which cartridge is better, because I don't like any of them in their SAAMI (non-AI) forms, and could care less about 2 of the 3 in ANY form. HA!!!

Seriously right? Everytime I see a creed thread I tell myself "don't click on it, don't Fing click on it!" Then I click on it...

The Creed hate is strong with a lot of people for some reason. I don't get it. To me it is a very well designed and marketed round. Is the 260 equal? In most cases I would say yes. Performance wise it definitely is. The areas where I think the Creed is better, to me, is shorter oal, better design (case taper and shoulder angle) and it was spect 1-8 twist barrel, and brass and ammo availability.
Its always funny to see apples to oranges comparisons between cartridges. I bet the results would be very different with a 140 vld at 3k.

The "real gun smith" is really behind the times to say the least. He is so full of $h!t (and himself) I can't stand listening to him.

I definitely don't agree with everything he says. I feel it doesn't hurt to be "behind the times" if it works! I'd much rather guide "the real gun smith" on a bull than some young know-it-all/long range wannabe. I feel thats what this topic is all about new vs old. And its fun to hear everyone opinion on the great debate of 6.5 creedmoor vs the world!!