The Most Decorated Unit In US History.

Amazing in a time when racial bigotry was beyond belief.
Especially since they were Americans that were stripped of all belongings including their homes/ businesses simply because they were Japanese Americans or of Japanese ancestry. Then they were imprisoned because and they CHOSE to fight and die for our country. Google "The Lost Battalion". Texas Battalion lost and surrounded.

Especially since they were Americans that were stripped of all belongings including their homes/ businesses simply because they were Japanese Americans or of Japanese ancestry. Then they were imprisoned because and they CHOSE to fight and die for our country. Google "The Lost Battalion". Texas Battalion lost and surrounded.
Sadly, bigotry still exists today. 🤬

Sadly, bigotry still exists today. 🤬
It does. I don't agree with it but I understand it. There's a lot of trauma that follows a war. Holding on to that trauma only creates more trauma for the person and potentially those around them.

The 100th/442nd Regimental Combat Team (442nd) suffered many casualties while rescuing the Lost Battalion. Almost four times as many soldiers were lost than the ones they saved. Knowing the Texans were surrounded by 6000 Nazi's the Japanese Americas continued with their mission. They knew many would not survive but still they drove on. Many of these men volunteered to fight while being incarcerated in the intermittent camps. They truly were/ are part of the Greatest Generation.

It does. I don't agree with it but I understand it. There's a lot of trauma that follows a war. Holding on to that trauma only creates more trauma for the person and potentially those around them.
I was not born yet during WWII. My late Dad, grandparents, and uncles told me about their real-world experiences, but none of them taught me hatred/grudge of what happened before my time.

I was not born yet during WWII. My late Dad, grandparents, and uncles told me about their real-world experiences, but none of them taught me hatred/grudge of what happened before my time.
I think it's part of the human condition so I understand it. Heck I'm not immune from it. Understanding it helps us move on from the hate part. It's part of my Christian values which I need work on. The part of forgiveness and moving on and away from hate.