The Last Rifle Part 2

Syncerus1

Hello to all. If you read the first thread, I thought I would take a few minutes to update the initial impressions of the complete (now) setup as it went to the range yesterday.
Gun: Proof Elevation (not MTR) 6.5 PRC 24" barrel
Ammo: Factory Hornady ELD-M 147 gr.
Optics: Swaro X5i 5-25 x 56 4WI reticle, Warne Mountain Tech 30mm rings
SRS Ti Pro 2 Muzzle Dia. .860" Sendero Light
Send it Level
Chrono: Garmin Xero C1
Took one shot @ 25 yards to verify sight in - 3" high x 1/2" inch left
Took 2 more shots @ 100 yards to dial in, then 2 patch wet - bore clean - saturate, wait 5 minutes, 2 dry patches. This is my standard 3 shot break in clean. Every 3 shots.
Fired 2 more to dial in @ 100 yards. 5 shots total. Switched to clean target.
Fired next 7 shots (clean every third round). Bore was clean/cold with every 3 shots. Air temp 53 degrees, wind 10-14 mph SW, altitude 4355.
I'm stunned on so many levels. First ammo. Average 2841 fps. SD 11.1, Spread Average 18 rounds 22.6. This is FACTORY AMMO rated 2910 fps on box.
Next accuracy is to my feeble mind, is off the charts for a new bottom end Proof gun, or is it? I'm told by one of the Proof Smiths that this is standard, price point irrelevant.
When you look at the group remember, bench shot, front lightweight aluminum support with very small bag, rear small bag. No sleds/large heavy bags/clamps/etc...
Wife is over the moon. She fired 8 rounds at 3" steel @ 200 yards. Rang every one with near center hits...
Is this a one in a thousand gun or just run of the mill? Jeez it shoots, at least so far. The ammo is 70 fps off the stated velocity. I will contnue to break in until it ?speeds up?
Thanks guys, and you should know I love the "new" experience!

First 7.jpeg

Hello to all. If you read the first thread, I thought I would take a few minutes to update the initial impressions of the complete (now) setup as it went to the range yesterday.
Gun: Proof Elevation (not MTR) 6.5 PRC 24" barrel
Ammo: Factory Hornady ELD-M 147 gr.
Optics: Swaro X5i 5-25 x 56 4WI reticle, Warne Mountain Tech 30mm rings
SRS Ti Pro 2 Muzzle Dia. .860" Sendero Light
Send it Level
Chrono: Garmin Xero C1
Took one shot @ 25 yards to verify sight in - 3" high x 1/2" inch left
Took 2 more shots @ 100 yards to dial in, then 2 patch wet - bore clean - saturate, wait 5 minutes, 2 dry patches. This is my standard 3 shot break in clean. Every 3 shots.
Fired 2 more to dial in @ 100 yards. 5 shots total. Switched to clean target.
Fired next 7 shots (clean every third round). Bore was clean/cold with every 3 shots. Air temp 53 degrees, wind 10-14 mph SW, altitude 4355.
I'm stunned on so many levels. First ammo. Average 2841 fps. SD 11.1, Spread Average 18 rounds 22.6. This is FACTORY AMMO rated 2910 fps on box.
Next accuracy is to my feeble mind, is off the charts for a new bottom end Proof gun, or is it? I'm told by one of the Proof Smiths that this is standard, price point irrelevant.
When you look at the group remember, bench shot, front lightweight aluminum support with very small bag, rear small bag. No sleds/large heavy bags/clamps/etc...
Wife is over the moon. She fired 8 rounds at 3" steel @ 200 yards. Rang every one with near center hits...
Is this a one in a thousand gun or just run of the mill? Jeez it shoots, at least so far. The ammo is 70 fps off the stated velocity. I will contnue to break in until it ?speeds up?
Thanks guys, and you should know I love the "new" experience!

View attachment 563449
A lot of the posted speeds are shot out of 28 or 30 inch test barrels
So they'll be off if you're shooting them out of a shorter barrel

PRC needs a 26 inch barrel to really shine, that's what the intended factory loads design their powder burn rates with. That combined with your barrel being new adds up to being right in the ball park. Figure 25-30 FPS per inch of barrel so a 26 inch would give you 60 FPS better and then with breakin another 10 seems reasonable.