The best press. RCBS or Redding?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Yorkplates, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Yorkplates

Yorkplates Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any other good ones? Share your opinion of what you consider the best. Not best for the price, but best.

2. Paul Wyatt

Paul Wyatt Well-Known Member

Bonanza Co-Ax, for all but the really big stuff. Have owned and used most of the presses on the market, but this is the best IMHO.

3. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

I agree. The Bonanza press will handle any of the big csaes with ease. If you are loading a small case and want versatility, the Redding turret top is very flexible. Can't go wrong with either Redding or Bonanza. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

...anyone out there "opinionated" on the RCBS rockchucker supreme?

5. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

The A-2 RCBS is one of the best presses I have ever seen but might be hard to find.Rock Chucker works fine for me!I have had a Bonanza and it worked well.

6. bucknutz

bucknutz Well-Known Member

7. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Auburn,
    I have a Redding Ultramag set up on my reloading bench and an RCBS reloader special that i take to the range for load developement

I used to do all my bottleneck cases and 45-70-2 1/10 on the RCBS and originally bought the Ultramag to load 45-110-2 7/8, both are excellent.
    I now do all my handloading on the Ultramag, which also has enough leverage for bullet swaging.
    If i had to choose between RCBS and Redding, it would be Redding simply because i like Redding better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Centre Punch.