The Accurate, Long Range 6mm BR

Do what Ive done on several. Went to E-Bay and bought a used Rem wooden stock. Modified it as I wished and then open up the barrel channel to handle a Varmint barrel and away ya go!

Yes its good to 1000yds. Clay makes an awesome rifle and his 6br rifles are 2nd to none. Ive got a couple and 1/4" is easily done if you follow Clay's directions. My uncle had a Clay built 1000yd competition light gun that shot 5 shot groups in the 3 1/2" range.

Here is what a standard BR can do at 1000. That was back in 2006 and cut those groups in half or more to win now.

Most are shooting an improved BR such as the Dasher, BRX etc. they can easily run a 105 to 2950-3000 and shoot very small groups.

Baney's 6mm BR--World Open Williamsport winner

Barrel life on a standard BR is easily 2000 or more depending on how rapid you shoot it and cleaning regime.

What kind of 6mm BR gun do you have? I was looking at the Savage 12BR.. :D

Mine was built to my spec. Shehane stock...Brux ( I think.??) barrell modified Rem 700 action....Jewell trigger...etc.

Never had the chance to shoot mine beyond 300 yds...but she lays them in at that distance

Just did some load tuning at a indoor 100 yd range ...29.7 varget got the best .246.....that was a 5 shot group with first cold bore shot,,,,4 shots was .086.., I wish I would have loaded 2 cold bore rounds...I was running over 3k fps with 31.5 but I like the extended barrel life..

I'm shooting Berger 105 hybrids

My wife and I have both shot ours up to 1250 yds with amazing accuracy.... Shot a 189 6x at 1k with 6-8mph steady winds in f class

She won a score bench rest group shootout in heavy wind in Colorado 5 shot 6.??inches at the 1k line... Yes she kicked my butt

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.