Thanks to my Father in Law

Turpentine21

My wife just lost her dad before Thanksgiving. I farmed with him and combined all of his crops for years. He was a good man. A humble man. He and I used to travel to gun shows together looking for Belgium made A5s. We found 4 good ones for him. I found him two 12s from relatives and friends. 2 light 12s, a 16 ga with two barrels, and a 20 ga all in great shape.
Today I learned that the 20 was left to my son and the 16 to me. My wife was left a beautiful 20 ga BC Miroku. I inquired about the two 12s and was told my mother in law needed to sell them. Well, I immediately asked what she wanted as they all have sentimental value and I really didn't want them all split up. Long story short, I bought them too. I won't use them much but they sure will conjure up some memories and they will never be sold as long as my son, wife, and I are alive. Perhaps I'll post a pic in a day or two.

Sorry for your loss. A money value can never be placed on those memories. Glad you were able to secure those stories for your next generations! Enjoy everyday with the family you have left!
Thank you sir! He was a good guy. My wife took me to meet the parents 30 years ago when we were in college. He found out I could run equipment and had farmed most of my life so the next morning I was on a bobcat under the chicken houses and 200,000 chickens loading chicken manure On the spreader trucks. He was testing me I guess. Wife cried her eyes out. What he didn't know was he had thrown this ole rabbit right into the briar patch.

You became the Son he never had, condolences on his passing that's never easy when their Loved ones. Memories help us ease the pain,and it's Wonderful that you Honor him so, and it shows Your kindness and strength as a good person also . Merry Christmas to all your Families and prayers coming your way.

You became the Son he never had, condolences on his passing that's never easy when their Loved ones. Memories help us ease the pain,and it's Wonderful that you Honor him so, and it shows Your kindness and strength as a good person also . Merry Christmas to all your Families and prayers coming your way.
Thank you sir! He was the only guy I ever worked with/for that talked over every move with me and valued my input. We never argued. If I was running the combine, it was my show. He could plant and not worry about things getting done right. We had a good relationship.
It's been tough the last 4 months. We've lost 4 people in our lives that were relatives, friends or mentors. I lost another friend today. Wife also had both knees replaced In the time period. I guess I'm we are at that point in our life where those things happen more frequently.