Tried my friend's Remington 870 Super Magnum 3,5" today

exabit

Went to the range today with a friend who just got his new Remington 870 Super Magnum 3,5". Shooting was a real blast! I have an 11-87 myself but I have to say that the 870 Super Magnum seems kind of versatile. You don't HAVE to load it with 3,5" shells, but it sure is fun! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.- Isac Newtonlightbulb

Until a few years ago I'd shot and patterned multiple 3-1/2" turkey loads, it wasn't until I patterned the Remington dead coyote loads in T-shot I realized exactly what 3-1/2" shells were capable of. I wasn't too concerned, I've shot 3-1/2s before no big deal, boy was I mistaken. As I pulled the trigger my idiotly placed thumb struck my nose in the exact reversed speed the shot left the shell. Newton's third law was painfully obvious and in full force here. Needless to say after much laughing and shenanigans from my buddies and a couple paper towels to stop the blood gushing from my not quite broken nose and watery eyes I re-positioned my thumb a bit. To this day I still tense up a little before sending a magnum load from that 870. It wasn't long after that I dropped a big female yote with that same load and a full choke at about 50yd. I was then aware of exactly what those loads will do, the fur flew and she dropped like she'd been struck down by the almighty himself. Good luck and happy hunting.

I have a Remington sp10 that shoots 3.5 in 10ga shells for geese. I was shooting a beretta 391 3" 12ga but the 10ga has less recoil and better pattern. They are both gas autos but the 10ga weighs about 3 pounds more.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.