Thanks Dan's Custom Guns!

jett

I want to thank Dan Glover of Dan's Custom Guns for making my family time so enjoyable. :)

Over the years, Dan has virtually become a member of my family. Dan is always there for my four children and I as we enjoy the great outdoors and his incredibly awesome long range master pieces.

Here are just two examples from the last two weeks:

My previous long shot was 1121 yards, but my son out did me today with an 1167 yard kill. Shooting this far on our small whitetails is a precise and calculated endeavor, best carried out as a two man task between accurately ranging while also calculating the required dope. Our father/son team times are very special and successes will always be remembered.

338 Snipetac built by Dan Glover of Dan's Custom Gun Service in Youngsville, NC.

Dan's Custom Gun Service | Quality. Precision. On Target.

300 grain Berger running 3200 fps.

john's deer.jpg
54349d1448804986-thanks-dans-custom-guns-johns-deer.jpg

My 11 year old daughter with her bear a couple of weeks ago.

570 yards. Again, a Dan's Custom Gun Service rifle by Dan Glover.

Dan's Custom Gun Service | Quality. Precision. On Target.

7 RUM pushing the new 195 Berger at 3215 fps.

mp bear.jpg
54350d1448805050-thanks-dans-custom-guns-mp-bear.jpg

DCGS and Dan Glover RULE around our house! :cool:

Last edited:
This is what the "Gun Rack" looked like during our bear season.
ALL guns were DCGS Specials
In case my wife reads this, they were not all "family" guns :rolleyes:

all guns.jpg

From left to right: 280 rem., 28 Nosler, 6x47 Lapua, 6 BR, 28 Nosler, 7 RUM, 6.5 x 284, 7 LRM, 338 Edge, 338 Snipe Tac, 338 Edge, 7RUM

Me and my friends sort of like Dan's Custom Guns for obvious reasons. :)

54346d1448798034-thanks-dans-custom-guns-all-guns.jpg

Last edited:
Thank's Jett, hunting with your family is always a pleasure. Here is a picture of another bear taken on the farm. As you know Heather is a long time hunter but because you allowed me to take her to the farm she got the chance to experience long range. Thanks again. Dan

Attachments

• Heather's bear.jpg
    Heather's bear.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 91
Jett, Thanks for the reminder of the fine quality rifle Dan Glover builds. While I'm envious of you guys who have the pleasure of owning so many of his rifles I am the proud owner of ONE of them. A really great little 6.5X284 built on a Surgeon Action. Shot it last year for fun in an F class match and to MANY peoples amazement the little 6.5 shot right along side of those fancy F Class rifles. They couldn't believe a hunting rifle could shoot like she does. When I blew up a spindle in the ten ring they were amazed. Look forward to having Dan build another rifle some day, when I can figure out what I want? Thanks Dan for great service and wonderful craftsmanship!!!!! Rick

Dan has built 3 rifles for me and two for my Dad. The 280AI he built for my Dad is easily the most accurate rifle out to a 1000 that I've ever seen. Dan's workmanship and attention to detail are outstanding and he stands behind everything he does. Great pictures and congrats on the hunt!

I would also like to thank Dan. He's built a few guns for me over the past few years and they have all been tack drivers. Here's a few animals I'v taken with one of the rifles he built me.
31D74CD8-30F7-407C-9944-6756E874723B_zpshnxrmmtc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
607 yards
1B9968E0-A8AD-41F7-A77F-D0C870CD71F7_zpsxnewazdp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
970 yards
2015111395072255_zps1gnz3xbw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1,012 yards

Thanks Dan couldn't have taken any of these animals without your help!

I have had the pleasure of owning and shooting several of Dans guns. Both of my kids took deer by the age of 9 with these custom guns and continue to shoot long range with me today. My youngest killed her first deer at 387 yards at the age of 7. I think, actually know, that there is no better shooting rig on the market today. Couple that with Dan's expertise and willingness to discuss your project with you to ensure he builds you the exact gun to handle whatever job you are planning to use it for. It is not the run of the mill, buy this caliber in this configuration kind of gun shop. He will ask you what your plans are for the gun. You will have say and input on every facet of the build and most importantly you will be completely satisfied with the end result and it accuracy. They are beautiful weapons and truly top notch custom precssion firearms.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.