Thank you Zeiss optics!!!

188MULE

Just going to give credit when credit is due.
I use an assortment of optics in my hunting and shooting all have great custumer service and have been great to work with when issues have come up. But Zeiss topped them all.
I had an issue with my Zeiss spotting scope two years ago and sent it in for repair. It was repaired and sent back to me. This season a different problem arose during hunting season. I contacted them, I will say I was not pleased that I'd have to send it in again. After discussing the issues with several polite persons at Zeiss I was told they would look at it and almost positively send a new scope. I received a UPS label from Zeiss and sent it away several weeks ago. Last week I recieved a call from Karen at Zeiss to let me know that I would be receiving the newest model Diascope free of charge next day air. I recieved my replacement and it is awesome. I was told and do believe my spotter was a lemon. I would like to Thank Zeiss for truly standing behind their products.
Special Thanks to Karen and Bob for listening to my complaints and going the extra mile!!

The first problem was internal fogging and took around seven months total because it was sent to Germany twice. It was sent to Germany and they sent it back saying it was perfectly fine. I called and told them it wasn't fine because it had fogged internally. I sent it back and they sent it to Germany again this time they fixed it because it never fogged again. This latest problem was remedied in under a couple of weeks since they sent a new spotter I wasn't told what the actual problem was. It was sent in because a bunch of tiny specks were visible while using the scope. I don't know if they were in the eyepiece or the body but it was annoying. But all is well now.

Several years ago, I bought a used Zeiss spotting scope. A year later, it would not focus. I called them spoke with Karen, and she said there is no warranty if I did not buy it new. She offered to send it to Germany for evaluation and an estimate. Several months later, she called me and said the repair would be $900. I refused to have it done at that price. She suggested I talk to the manager. I don't remember his name. The deal is this: Germany quotes their repair cost to the branch in Virginia, and they add profit on top. The manager finally agreed to have it repaired at a cost of $600. I agreed to pay that, and the scope is now excellent.

I have always thought that Zeiss products have a fully transferable warranty. That is what I was told when I purchased mine new and was a big part of my decision to go with the Zeiss since it was slightly less expensive than the Swarovski and Leica's does not transfer.
I'll have to make a phone call.
I will say I was not impressed with the Germans.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.