Texas

Aussie_hunter

G'day I'm a Australian heading to Texas for a hunting trip and I need to get some good hunting gear clothes, gloves and stuff like that I heard cabelas and bass pro shop is the place to go, is there any close to Dallas?

Welcome to Texas! There are actually two Cabelas, and two Bass Pro.

There is a Bass Pro in Grapevine TX, perhaps 5 miles north of the DFW Airport.

Should be an easy find on the internet!

I prefer Cabelas, as I like they layout and the hunting/firearms section best.

Cheers mate, I'm not hiring a car so is it easy to access thru public transport. How ruff is Dallas am I gunna get my head punched in coz I'm a tourist or what? Is cabelas and hunting stores like that expensive?

Not sure where you are staying, but taxi's are readily available at the airport. Bass Pro is closest to the airport, and prices are generally very similar. You can check out their proces on the websites (www.basspro.com or www.cabelas.com).

I would not want to do a bunch of driving with a taxi...it would get expensive fast.

Thanks scottishmag ill dedinatly have a look, how far away is hubbard in Texas from Dallas and what's the best way to get there? Where's a good place to go for a drink an perv on all the hot Texas girls hahaha

baldhunter I'm going on a hog and predator hunt should be good fun.

It's in October just bought some stuff of bass pro shop online, I'd be broke as **** if we had a bass pro shop or cabelas in Australia. Hundreds what would that be in celcius? I'm thinking of horsing a car how much would that set me back cash wise? Is itbgood shooting in Texas? Many good pubs in Dallas?

Temps in Dallas have been around 37-40c, but depending on where you live you'll probably be used to it. The humidity is worse though. Hubbard's not far from Dallas. About an hour and a half. Dallas doesn't do much in the way of public transportation so a car might be the best idea. It's been a long time since I rented one, but I think it's around $25 a day or so.

Scottish Mag is right about Cabela's being better for hunters, Bass Pro is more fishing focused. The prices are good, but the selection (especially the ammo) is weak. Besides there are a ton of local shops that can get you set up just as well.

Thanks scottishmag ill dedinatly have a look, how far away is hubbard in Texas from Dallas and what's the best way to get there? Where's a good place to go for a drink an perv on all the hot Texas girls hahaha

baldhunter I'm going on a hog and predator hunt should be good fun.

Stockyards if your in Dallas/ FT Worth. Perv with caution, their cowboys may take offense.

What are the cowboys like to fight there or something. This might be a ******** myth that is in Australia but do most people in America carry guns and I heard texans are abit trigger happy. I mean no disrespect I'm just wondering if a cowboy fronts up and I don't back down am I gunna get shot or is it gunna be like on te dukes of hazzard movie were there's a huge bar brawl coz they look like fun

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.