Terminal Results .338 300 berger otm 260 yards

CA48

Finally got something on the ground with my edge, a small 10 pt that was 5 years old.
Rifle specs
.338 EDGE AI
300 gr 2780 fps
30in bbl sendaro ct
93.5 gr h-1000

Buck was facing me quartering to left at about 45 degrees. I like this shot with otms at close range. Why? I've had whitetail doe yearlings run 100 yards after a vital shots less than a range of 450 yds on a few occasions. But if you will hit some bone at the close ranges then all is good.

I dialed in 1.5 up and put the cross hairs on the left side of the shoulder and squeezed off the trigger.

Buck dropped. After gutting and skinning there was a hole a golf ball would fit through at the entrance and bullet exited around the first rib on the opposite side.
Lots of quarter size chunks of bone, both lungs were sliced in half, not much of the liver or heart left. On one exit hole a little bigger than caliber size. Basically excellent performance on the vitals basically a trend I've seen if you hit bone at close range.

image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.