Berger 230 and 300 OTM Hybrid terminal results

Broz

No real long range stuff from us yet, but I wanted to share what we have taken so far.

Ny son has taken 2 antelope, one at 738 yards and one at 595 yards. He is shooting the 230 gr Berger OTM Hybrids from his 300 win mag with a MV of 2772 fps. Wind drift is the best we have seen in a 300 win. Both goats had small hard to find entrances with 2" plus exits. We are vey pleased with the results. I must give an "At a boy" to my son "Young_Gun" he did an awesome job doping his rifle and placing the bullets well.

DSC03173Small.jpg

DSC03180Small.jpg

I took this goat at 550 or so, dont remember the exact distance now. It was shot with my .338 Lapua Mag and the 300 Berger OTM Hybrids with a MV of 2800 fps. I have seen enough that I will now take them to larger game.

Jeff. gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC03185Small.jpg

DSC03187Small.jpg

DSC03188Small.jpg

It's nice to see the OTM's getting on game, they seem to be GTG! Next season my buddy will be putting a bunch in the air.

Nice shooting to all, Young Gun really should have at least an arm tied behind his back to make it a challenge, that 300 practically drives it's self:D

Good shooting, both you and your son. Thanks for sharing and for the info on the Bergers. I shot 4 speed goats, an elk and several whitetail last year with the Gen 1 300 grain Bergers with great results. Have not run one of the new ones through anything yet. I'm playing with the Cutting Edge bullets this season so it may be next fall before I get back to the Bergers. Good to know they are ready for critters!

Thanks for posting your experience.

When my Gen 1s are gone I simply switch to the OTMs and not look back.

Question: Where'd Young Gun get his Cheek Piece"? I like the looks of it.

If ya say it's DIY I'm gonna hitcha:)

Note: sure wish the email thing would work so I wouldn't have to search for the response....

Thanks for posting your experience.

When my Gen 1s are gone I simply switch to the OTMs and not look back.

Question: Where'd Young Gun get his Cheek Piece"? I like the looks of it.

If ya say it's DIY I'm gonna hitcha:)

Note: sure wish the email thing would work so I wouldn't have to search for the response....

Try Karsten's Custom Camo. They make something similar. I have one and love it. $68.00 total shipped. I have the model A.

Tank

Nice shooting to all, Young Gun really should have at least an arm tied behind his back to make it a challenge, that 300 practically drives it's self:D

He got a little rusty while he was working in Missouri a few years ago. But since he transfered out here his shooting has really tuned up. I watched him get better all summer at our Long Range shoots. Then while we were testing the new bullets I could see from his long range groups the game was in trouble this year. He will be taking an elk soon and I look forward to that. He and his 300 WM are pretty bad medicine.

Jeff

Guys, I will have to check to see where he ended up on the charg weight. But here is what I do know.

300 win Mag, Broughton 5C 28" barrel 1 in 10 twist.

Lapua brass
FED GM 215 M primer
H-1000
230 Berger OTM Seated +.005" in the lands

2772 fps

Jeff