Temp Stable

Yes ...a safe load it is! Start at the minimum load given! Check for easy bolt lift & extraction and primer appearence and then work up from there!

Another important thing to remember Especially in a factory rifle is remember not to chamber the round until the sight picture is perfect and you are ready to pull the trigger. When putting a round in a chamber and you waiting for the condition to change heat is being transferred to the round.

This causes different pressures and that is not what you are wanting to do.

Another important thing to remember Especially in a factory rifle is remember not to chamber the round until the sight picture is perfect and you are ready to pull the trigger. When putting a round in a chamber and you waiting for the condition to change heat is being transferred to the round.

This causes different pressures and that is not what you are wanting to do.

The only factory about this rifle anymore is the action. I am putting a Lothar Walther 6grv. 1:12x 28" SS barrel on it. It is getting a SSS heavier pinned recoil lug. It is setting astride a B&C Medalist A2 with Aluminum bedding block. Should be a shooter when I get it put together.

I was reading this morning a palma shooter tried IMR 4320 w/ impressive results on a 25 degree swing day. He said temps were 60 to mid 80's within the course of fire. He shot a 200-15x using moly coated 155 Sie. Palma's w/47 grains @2990fps. Thinking I might be able to get into the 2950 range w/ naked bullets in a 28" What say ye? Thinking N550 is going to get a go also. Read some stuff where guys were getting faster barrel heat with ball powders, so I think I am sticking with extruded.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.