Stable Seated Shooting Position?

I usually wrap my arm in the sling & put my elbow into my chest/ribs. Hold my breath. And let her fly. Work pretty good for me so far.
I use a sling and shoot from traditional field positions. But I have practiced using a bag and I can see where single sling bag works well too. I like it!

You might be able to shoot off the chair itself as a rest from knee.
We have a winner! Thank you sir! Sit down, put the folded chair in front of me and lean it back a liitle. Cradle the gun in the top of the folded chair. Not bench stable of course, but pretty darn so!

Rice Paddy Squat
Many years ago, I learned to shoot from a sitting position that was called the rice paddy squat. I found it to be very stable at the time. However, do to knee surgeries and replace, this position is now impossible for me.

Not me in the photo, but you get the idea.

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 1.22.27 PM.png

If you're gonna bring a chair you're better off with a tripod. Seated or low kneeling is crazy stable.
For me, when I`m seated, the most stable is a knight and Hale hands free set up that I got for turkey hunting. It has a should.er sling like arrangement that holds the butt of the gun in your shoulder. It also has a very high quality v shaped knee rest that straps on the knee. I`ve found it to be more stable than a shooting stick I have that has three prongs at the bottom. Unfortunately in the field, perfectly flat ground is hard to find. The stick is sort of unstable for me.

Rice Paddy Squat
Many years ago, I learned to shoot from a sitting position that was called the rice paddy squat. I found it to be very stable at the time. However, do to knee surgeries and replace, this position is now impossible for me.

Not me in the photo, but you get the idea.

View attachment 466888
I think my 75 year old knees would scream bloody murder!