Tell us about your 2011 draw results.

I did not draw a Colorado Bl.ack Bear again in 2011. I looked backdoor to Colorado mule deer and if I can read it right I didnot draw a mule deer tag either.
Last night I bought a black bear license for New Mexico and it looks like I may get the mule deer tag, also. I am drawing for black bear for the Jicarillia.
The New Mexico bear tag is for the same bear that the Colorado draw was for. That bear spends equal time in each state. Different deer though. The Colorado hunt would have been tough for me to do.
I can hunt from my cabin in Colorado for the New Mexico hunts.

The only tag I applied for this year is whitetail deer in Kansas. The notifications have not gone out yet but the drawing has been done. There are leftover tags in the area I applied for so that means I drew that tag.:)

Other than that I will be elk hunting in Oregon (bow) on a ranch tag, black bear hunting in NM on an over the counter tag, maybe cow elk hunting in NM if my buddy has ranch cow tag available, whitetail hunting in northern MO on an over the counter tag, and of course whitetail hunting home turf here in AR. Might try to sneak in an antelope hunt in WY on the way back from Oregon if I can find a leftover tag.

I think that is it.......... my wife would say "aint that enough?" Nope, never enough days in the field.:D

So far all I have is a archery deer tag for Utah. I will couple that with an OTC archery spike /cow elk tag whose season runs concurrently.

Hi Guys,
I just joined this forum so this is my first post.
I live in Australia so the Draw doesnt really apply to me.
I hunt Sambar and fallow deer here when l can.
We hunt all year round for Sambar but there are some restrictions for some of the other deer species.
Also wild boar is open slather all year around.
I would love to hunt Elk but l reckon that might never happen.
I do have a good friend who lives in West Virginia that we are going to go and visit soon, so we will see.
Cheers Jason in OZ.gun)

I was drawn for archery bull elk in Arizona 22N in November. We've been trying for several years, so this will be a testament to building up bonus points - or just dumb luck. Either way, really looking forward to a great hunt!

I live in North Eastern North Carolina so no draw here. Just buy a sportsman tag for 40.00 and take up to 6 whitetail deer, a black bear, turkey small game and inland fishing. Unfortunately no huntable Elk here, least not yet. Maybe in 10-20 years the western part of this state may have a small population then.

However, I decided after the Colorado draw date that I would like to do a unguided Elk hunt in Area 43 as I have a friend that knows that area. So now I'm waiting till July to see if I we can get a "over the counter license with Caps" or a leftover limited license for that area. If that fails, I'll try for a Leftover limited license which are available in August. I haven't hunted in Colorado since the 80's when I bowhunted for Elk two years in a row with out taking an Elk. It was such an awsome expierence that I didn't mind that I didn't kill anything. However my friends ability to make the trip is uncertain right now but I still plan to go either way but the choice of area may change if he doesn't make it.

Terry

Haven't heard anything yet about out NM elk draw. Outfitters says we should know something 1st week of June. I will keep you informed as soon as I HEAR anything,

Hi Guys, Pleased to report that there are no hunting Tags etc in New Zealand and we can hunt all year round as long as we can gain access to areas and shoot as many animals as the frezzer can hold. This is for Deer, Thar, pigs and such. There is a Bird season. Regards, Kiwi1

Hi Guys, Pleased to report that there are no hunting Tags etc in New Zealand and we can hunt all year round as long as we can gain access to areas and shoot as many animals as the frezzer can hold. This is for Deer, Thar, pigs and such. There is a Bird season. Regards, Kiwi1

How is the price of real estate down under??? I may just have to move there.:D:D

I drew a land owner sponcer taq for NE Montana for deer. I should draw a whitetail tag for CO and have my fingers crossed very tightly for drawing a Iowa deer tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.