Tell me what you see…

Okay…..so, I bought the upper used from a guy off 'Accurate Shooter' last month. Just got around to shooting it last week. The claim was made that it only had @ 100 rounds of hand loads through it. Does that sound reasonable given what you guys have seen?

Okay…..so, I bought the upper used from a guy off 'Accurate Shooter' last month. Just got around to shooting it last week. The claim was made that it only had @ 100 rounds of hand loads through it. Does that sound reasonable given what you guys have seen?
yes.

Your pics look just like my PSA 223wylde and I bought mine new, maybe 300ish rds thru it (I dont keep track on this rifle).

This is the ONLY target pic I have…..I shot several other targets, but only saved this one because in all honesty it was the "BEST" one. 😂🤣 This was a 5-shot group shot from the prone position at 100 yards using Hornady Custom 123gr SST ammo. No the scope is NOT loose or broken….😂🤣
IMG_3396.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg

Two schools of thought on AR's:
They can be pampered hunting firearms where long strings of fire are a no-no.
The other thought is blam away to empty mags because they are fun to shoot.
One is limited erosion like a bolt action mentality. The other is accelerated erosion.
This chamber looks like accelerated erosion. It may shoot fine but it's life may be shortened.

This is the ONLY target pic I have…..I shot several other targets, but only saved this one because in all honesty it was the "BEST" one. 😂🤣 This was a 5-shot group shot from the prone position at 100 yards using Hornady Custom 123gr SST ammo. No the scope is NOT loose or broken….😂🤣
View attachment 524694
View attachment 524695
Yeah, that's not very good. My hacksaw rifling is 1- 1 1/4" inches at 100. Now I think my groups are worthy of national championship stuff, lol.

Really? How's the general accuracy of it?
I average about 1.5moa with it. Occasionally I will get a flyer that I swear isn't me and don't know why. Im ok with it cause this is what you get from a PSA and I knew that going in, some people get lucky but these are not match grade bbls they are mass produced.
Since Im at my computer, heres my last target pic (w/"flyer"), and a borescope pic when it was newer (about 100ish rds). Ive always wondered about these two lands protruding into the freebore area.

1703364888351.png

I'm just now starting to experiment with the AR platform and admittedly don't know much about them, but I expected better than a 5 minute group at 100 yards. 🤔
If your shooting factory ammo it can be hit and miss on finding the brand your rifle likes best. This is true for any rifle platform. Ive heard the Hornady Black 123gn does really well in the Grendels.
That said even a PSA barrel should group better than 5moa.

Are you shooting from a benchrest in those target pics above?

Recent Posts