Teaser Pic

I just finished finalizing the review on this scope and it is now at the Admin of LRH for final edit and hopefully for publish. There are a couple things I'd like to see refined on the SHV but overall, I'd buy one right now if I had the extra cash laying around. Given the price point, this scope is well worth it IMHO. It has the features and quality to cover so many uses and the name aptly fits. Concerning the ring height and objective diameter, I didn't have any issues really. The rifle I mounted it on could have used some additional cheekpiece height but I left my stock pack at the house when I went to the range so just made do. My stock is an M40A1 return which is the same as a McMillan HTG in profile. Rings used were NF Ultralight mediums which are 1.0" height. Objective bell wasn't too high at all and there was maybe about 1/4" or more clearance between it and a Bartlein #5 standard target contour barrel. I don't think the 56mm obj provides any drawbacks to mounting height. I'll pretty much leave things at that and let ya'll wait for the review from LRH. Plenty of pics are included for you to see the various aspects including scope height.

Geb

far anybody watching this thread, the review has been posted about the SHV. Please check out the review and I think your questions will be answered.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.