Team Hammer in Africa 2024

This thread has single handedly made me really want to go to South Africa and hunt with my boys... Especially when I discovered that the price isn't all that crazy at all! Wow you guys had a trip!
Congratulations! You are starting to see the light. This is Amazingly Achievable. DO THIS - you will not believe the ongoing benefit to you = and your family's = relationships. Trust me - this is NOT a 'crazy' idea. If you are a hunter, you can't believe how fulfilling this will be in both your heart - and your head. This is all about making dreams come true! This is low hanging fruit. Don't miss the chance.

I promise!

We built a 500 Jeffery for this trip. Built on a Sako 995 action. Running the 450gr Shock Hammer at 2700 fps. This rifle has seen it's last hunt. It will be getting turned into something that will work better in the action. Thinking 33XC right now. I will be starting over with the 500 Jeff. In the process of figuring out what action to use that is more suitable for the 500 Jeff. Doesn't look like a Sako 85XL is obtainable. Thinking now a Wby designed for the 460Wby or Kelbly says their action will work good with the 500 Jeff. Looking at elephant next year and the rifle has to work flawlessly.
Pattern 1914 Enfield used a 303 British. Rim dia. .540. They put some big stuff in them. I have a couple. I'll send you one.

Pattern 1914 Enfield used a 303 British. Rim dia. .540. They put some big stuff in them. I have a couple. I'll send you one.
I found a 1917 Enfield action all ready to go. Along with a 1-15" Lilja barrel and a Fajen English walnut stock. All we need to do is get a mag box set up for it. I think we my second gen Jeff just about ready to screw together.