TBAC ULTRA 7 or Ultra 9?

Tgunz64

In 4 months or less I'll be ordering my first can. It's between these 2 in the 30cal. Mostly used on a 22-250 with 22" barrel. Then my AR and whatever future gun I buy. Also mostly a hunting can. There's only 2" and 2.2 oz difference so what do you guys think? Thanks.

Get the 7 and start saving for a 338 Ultra to cover everything in the future.
Watched a video last night where a guy was shooting a 22-250 through 7 different TBACs. The 338 can was the quietest. Which really surprised me. Averaged 125db

Watched a video last night where a guy was shooting a 22-250 through 7 different TBACs. The 338 can was the quietest. Which really surprised me. Averaged 125db

Well, yes, because the 338 can is the longest and has the most baffles.

22-250's are very loud. For sustained shooting of one a 9" suppressor, being a little quieter, would be nice. For walking around hunting with it or a larger caliber, the 7" would be ideal.

Unable to decide, I am getting both in one:
It can be run in a 7" configuration, or you can add a 2" extension that holds 2 more baffles. For shooting .223 caliber through it I am getting the .223 end-cap with it, to make it just a little quieter.

I have their 223 suppressor and am extremely impressed with it. I'm getting a lot of 5-shot groups in the .2's and .3's at 100 yds.

Well, yes, because the 338 can is the longest and has the most baffles.

22-250's are very loud. For sustained shooting of one a 9" suppressor, being a little quieter, would be nice. For walking around hunting with it or a larger caliber, the 7" would be ideal.

Unable to decide, I am getting both in one:
It can be run in a 7" configuration, or you can add a 2" extension that holds 2 more baffles. For shooting .223 caliber through it I am getting the .223 end-cap with it, to make it just a little quieter.

I have their 223 suppressor and am extremely impressed with it. I'm getting a lot of 5-shot groups in the .2's and .3's at 100 yds.

I've looked at that 4.0, Banish model. Looks like a neat setup. I've already bought my mounts from 419 for the thunder beast so I'm going to stick with it.

I've had my Ultra 9 for almost a year. I've used it on both my 308 and 6.5CM. It works great on both. I've never shot the 7 so I can't comment but I have co regrets.

I've had my Ultra 9 for almost a year. I've used it on both my 308 and 6.5CM. It works great on both. I've never shot the 7 so I can't comment but I have co regrets.

now I'm thinking the 9. You tube video shows a guy shooting a 22-250 through I think 7 different TBAC's. The 223 ultra 7 and 30 ultra 9 were the same. 127-131db. Think I'll get the 9. Was also considering the 223 ultra. But after watching that might as well get the 9 and have the best reduction for 22 cal with versatility up to 30 cal.

I was in the same boat November 2018...placed an order for a 9 and got it this year just before Christmas. The 9 is freaking awesome! Lighter and better DB reduction than I thought. I'm sure the 7 would be great too.

I was in the same boat November 2018...placed an order for a 9 and got it this year just before Christmas. The 9 is freaking awesome! Lighter and better DB reduction than I thought. I'm sure the 7 would be great too.

Im sure the 7 is plenty good. Talked to a shop in AZ and he said he sells far more 7" than 9". He just got his order in recently from Tbac and sold all the 9" in 2 days. And was already down to his last 7".
I'm still about 2 months away from having the rest of the money to order one. Everyone is sold out of 30 cal TBAC's. Can get the 6.5 cans or the 223 ultra 7. 6.5 would be fine too. I don't have a 30 cal that is threaded or can be. Too thin of barrel. I may go with a 6.5 or the 223. But we'll see what's available when I order.

Having had both types I would have recommended going direct thread.

direct thread wouldn't work well for my 22-250. It's got such a small shoulder my gunsmith said I'd ruin it fairly quickly torquing a can on and off. So I had him install my 419 hellfire mount. Torqued to spec and loctited in place. In this case the CB is the best option.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.