TBAC CB MOUNT OR 419 HELLFIRE MOUNTS?

So if you go with the 419 system then which TBAC do you purchase? The CB can or direct mount can? I guess which insert does 419 make for the can.
Their insert fits the CB model, not the direct thread

Just as a heads up, area419s BF sale has started $20 off CB adapter and $5 off each muzzle adapter.

I also like the fact the 419 will work with multiple brands of suppressors. Just buy the inserts and good to go.

yes, but if you sold it, you would have at least $80 from it. SO keeping it has an opportunity cost of $80. In any case, go with what you feel works best for you.

Just on 419 site. Says you need minimum .600 OD barrel width for the mounts for 1/2x28 threads. My 22-250 was .566 at the end. And my 26 Nosler is .600 and their chart says minimum .662 for 9/16 threads. So maybe this system won't work? I have 2 mounts and a TBAC adapter in my cart but glad I haven't purchased yet. Might have to use the CB.

Last edited:
Ah, those are important details on the barrel sizes. They would both require special fitting for any Thunderbeast.

Directly from Thunderbeast:
We don't recommend anything larger then a .223 to be threaded 1/2x28.

and when I asked about threading a Fierce Fury for a CB brake
We will have to thread your barrel 9/16 x 24 and use a face mount brake that times off of the muzzle face rather then the shoulder.
and that involved sending it in to them.

You can contact TB directly to ask about how to have your barrels setup for their cans.

Ah, those are important details on the barrel sizes. They would both require special fitting for any Thunderbeast.

Directly from Thunderbeast:

and when I asked about threading a Fierce Fury for a CB brake

and that involved sending it in to them.

You can contact TB directly to ask about how to have your barrels setup for their cans.

Ya so I might be screwed. My 22-250 was .566 od. And my 26 Nosler is .600. So I don't know what to do now. I sent my 22-250 to a gunsmith last Friday to get threaded. Might have to cancel that. Wish I saw this stuff earlier.

Looking online I came across a place that can install a shoulder to get the barrel to .600. $40 plus threading through them. Going to call the shop I sent mine to and have them beef up the shoulder. Then I'll be fine. Also tonight I ordered the Hellfire brake with mount and TBAC insert.

I was in your shoes a few months ago. I just stuck with the CB brakes since I was only going to use the ultra 9 on 2 rifles.

E82D7DBD-AF0A-46AD-97CB-D054F53F9722.jpeg
00470446-A568-49D6-ABAB-101FD93587CE.jpeg
Finally got it back. Gunsmith set the mount and I screwed on the brake.

Any comments on the Area 419 Sidewinder vs the CB for pure recoil reduction? I'm trying to decide which to get that would be used without the suppressor screwed on for the most recoil reduction possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.