Suppressor mounts

cajun

Question for you guys running cans on sporter or heavy sporter barrels. Since you dont usually have enough meat on the barrel after threading for a proper shoulder to mount the can too. I assume you can get mounts or adapters for proper can mounting.

9/16"-24 is right between the 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 standards, and is supported my a lot of companies making cans/mounts. It's a good compromise between the 1/2 spec being too small for 30 cal and 5/8 not having enough shoulder.

You can also use a larger caliber suppressor to gain clearance. The SiCo Hybrid 46 is a good multi-caliber can that has a lot of bore room to work with. I'm not saying to accept radial error in threading, but it does give you more clearance overall.

Pressure does come into play here also - 1/2-28 really shouldn't be used on 30 cal rifles because of how thin the barrel gets between root thread diameter and the rifling grooves, yet is commonly put on 9mm pistols with much lower muzzle pressure. So just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

Yeah I get it. I will probably build a dedicated rifle. But I do have a rifle I would like to use it with. .284 cal that's .600 at the muzzle. Been going back and forth on getting a Omega 36m or just get a 30 cal and a 9mm silencer for my carbine.