Tasco Super Sniper 10x42 & 10x42M (side focus)

Monte,
Know of tentative plans for different
reticle choices, turret configurations,
objective sizes, but have no info
on future power selections.

I think the goal is to get this unit into the
market place then go from there.

ELvation on this unit is 105 moa
with 90 moa windage.
From mechanical center you'd have 50+ usable moa. If you're shooting father than that
might I dare suggest a forward observer?
smile.gif

[ 09-10-2004: Message edited by: Hoodcounty ]

The SS10X42 has 110 minutes of windage and elevation, not sure about the 16x or 20X.

What I was referring to is that most scopes as they go up in power beyond about 16-20x start taking a nose-dive in terms of range of adjustment. Burris's take a major dive as far as range of adjustment (~50 for the 6-24, and <40 for the 8-32x), even the NightForce and Leupold scopes drop down to 50-60 minutes total elevation for the higher magnification models. Enough to get even a .308 Win to 1k, *if* you choose the right base (or shim or use ring inserts).

Monte

I currently own a 16x42 on my 20" AR and so far I have been extremely happy with it.

The 16x (based on what I have read) is the original spec that the seals put in thier RFP when tasco won the contract.

Becuase I so desperately want a side paralax focus (like the Ziess w/numbers listed) I am considering a 10x42m for my supressed savage... I want a Leupold MK4 LR/T but I just can't spend the money after remodiling some rental property and buying the rifle and can.

I will be making my decision this week and will shoot it and give feedback on the rear vs side focus models to satisfy my curiosity.

I only wish they had an illuminated model
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.