target turrets for VXIII, leupold factory or kenton?

lurcher

looking at target turrets for a 3.5-10X40 VXIII, which would be the better option? fitted by leupold or fitting the kentons, (which apparently by then end of this month will have zero stops). Probably would look at getting just get moa marks as opposed to load specific marks

Last edited:
Had Leupold install a set of M1 turrets on a VXIII 3.5-10x40 and just got it back today. Only took a week and 129 bucks. So far everything looks good.

I prefer to use the factory Remington's myself, but the Kenton Ind. in straight moa are a good aftermarket choice. (never did agree with the load specific turrets anyway) If your putting them on your 3.5-10 I presume your not going to be shooting too extremely far, as it's hard to get a precise hold at long range with a max magnification of 10X. You probably won't be doing much clicking anyway would you?

Yep I was planning on using it for medium (at least by you guy's standards!) range. This scope does have the Boone and crockett reticle. The scope will be going on a model 7 in 7mm saum, my plan being to have a light packable rifle that could (after plenty of practice, this is my first medium range rifle) shoot out to 600 yards (assuming that after tweaking it performs with reasonable accuracy).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.