Kenton Industries turrets?

JJMoody

I've recently stumbled upon this company (recommended by zeiss optics on their website) to install target turrets on scopes. Anyone have experience with them? And would anyone bother spending $200 to put target turrets on a zeiss 3-9x50mc with a duplex reticle?.....and is $200 right for something like this?? $175 for the turrets and 25 shipping/handling.

Its hard to say about the price. I had it done several years ago on a 4.5x14x50 zeiss conquest. I need to have it done again (to another scope that is the same as listed before for my wifes 243). I ordered 2 turrets when I had it done one that was MOA and another that is yardage. So the yardage one only matched one load. So this is now why I run the MOA turret. If the scope you have will hold its trueness of running the turret up and down and it enough magnification then I would say go for it. I really like my zeiss on my 6.5x284 and run it out to 1000yards on a regular basis. I dial 23 moa I think is what it ususally takes. But my scope hold it trueness and I can run it back down to my 200 yard zero. That is one thing I do wish my zeiss had was a zero stop. then it would be a perfect scope for this setup so you do have to pay attention to where your zero is and how many full revolutions you have turned. I also run a 20moa rail for extended distance.

Last edited:
Did you have this same company do yours the first time? Im assuming they're good at what they do based on Zeiss' reccomendation but I've not seen them mentioned.

I currently have three of the HD5' in the 3x15 in the Plex with target turrets with the kentons.One in 300wsm and it has been antelope hunting in 100 degree heat and elk and deer trips as cold as -15 and flawless.I just boat the cap from Kenton and think it was about $100 and the first was a Zeiss promotion.
Just idea- if it cost that much more maybe sell your scope and get the one set up the way you want as it might not be that much difference in the end.

Do a web search as there is another company that does "stick" on labels. They work well and have not come off. Plus they send multiple labels if they would happen to come off. I has a Kenton but once you spend that kind of money you can't ever afford to change your favorite load if a new powder of bullet come out.

Thanks all for the replies! The debate now is whether or not it's worth it to throw another $200 bucks at a $400 cabelas special from zeiss. ( yes it's up to me) but I appreciate others' experience as it does weigh on my decision. If I do get them it'll be the moa version not the one with individual load data for the reason given- loads change. Kinda like buying a lifetime saddle to only fit one horse:rolleyes: how do the turrets feel? Solid, etc...?

I used them to replace the stock turret on my uncles Nikon titanium. Did a moa turret so that load changes would not matter. Just needed one that was easier to read. I think they are a good company with a good product.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.