Tactical Scope With Best Glass For Under $2000?

EasternNChunter

I used to have a Swarovski 4x12x50 ($1000) scope. I sold it when I bought my Nightforce NXS and was dissapointed with the glass in the Nightforce. For low light hunting, the Swarovski was the better, brighter scope. I wish I could afford a Zeiss Hensoldt but they are $3500. I want a scope with magnification in the 5-20x50 - 6-24x56 range with nice European glass. MOA or MIL knobs. Any suggestions?

Is there a Swarovski with regular MOA or MIL knobs instead of their 100, 200, 300... Yard system? The deer/steel I shoot at are not always in 100 yard increments.

I really like my ERT Leupolds in 6.5-20 TMR reticle and M5 dials 1/10 MIL Front Focal, they retail just under 2k and provide everything you need in a tactical scope.

I used to shoot MOA dials and now wonder why I did not make the switch to the MIL/MIL world sooner......

I have a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 on my 7mmSTW with the tactical turrets that are 1/4" click adjustments. It's only a Conquest, but they are excellent scopes with great glass for the money. Can be had for about $800.

Anyone can see that NF glass is not in the same league with Swarovski. And anyone can find that Swarovski's functions are nowhere near that of an NXS. Weight is a big issue also.
It's a common compromise.
To get both these days, if even possible, would cost a fortune.

For under $2500 March and Premier LT are hard to beat, glass gives up nothing to Swaro and internals and features are more like NF than Swaro....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.