tac 338 build needs a little help

backyardsniper

I'm doing a 338 build and I need a little help. I posted something similar to this in the gunsmithing section and got a fee responses but I would like to get some more info. I have a stiller tac33 manners t5 carbon fiber and a broughton 5 c standard palma. Im building either a lapua or lapua improved. What are my options for bottom metal on this to be able to maximize this cartridge. I would like to go with an internal box but also fine with a dbm. I cant find a seekins anywhere. I don't know aboit the wyatt dbm. I have heard the wyatt cfe 9 would work but is problematic. Weatherby internal box seem to be the prefered internal box. Where is the b est place to get this. Is there any other options that im overlooking or should I just put a block in it and single shot it? Thanks guys

My build is a 338 LIMP using the Stiller's TAC 388 action. Like you, bottom metal was on my list - but It was hard getting definitive answers on what would work/fit. The I finally got comfortable with the Seekins, but then I stumbled across the McRee's Precision web site. For about the same price as a McMillan or Manners, I got their G5 folder - which incorporated a mag well design along with one magazine in CIP length.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.