Switching Browning BOSS to a different brake

Sandstrom22

I was curious if anyone has switched the brake on a browning boss before? My father has a 338 win mag that is all factory besides the Timney trigger spring conversion and wants to switch to a more aesthetically pleasing break as the boss is kind of ugly looking. I've seen a couple different posts on thread pitch, I was thinking about getting a different brake that meets up more flush with the barrel using the same thread from the boss if it was possible. Curious if any of you fellas had done it yet. any advice? Thanks?

I was curious if anyone has switched the brake on a browning boss before? My father has a 338 win mag that is all factory besides the Timney trigger spring conversion and wants to switch to a more aesthetically pleasing break as the boss is kind of ugly looking. I've seen a couple different posts on thread pitch, I was thinking about getting a different brake that meets up more flush with the barrel using the same thread from the boss if it was possible. Curious if any of you fellas had done it yet. any advice? Thanks?
I did it on a 300wm and 7RM back in the 90's and it was no problem at all, any competent gunsmith can do it for you.

If you contact Northwest Precision Muzzle Brakes they can make one for you and then your local gunsmith can taper fit it and time it usually for a small charge. The last time I did that I had four of them made for I think 70.00ea and then the gunsmith charged me 40.00 or so for the final fitting and I considered it money well spent.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts