Swift Scirroco & H414

elkfirst

A friend has asked that reload for his .338 WM. He brought over some 210 gr. Scirroco and H414 powder. Can someone provide me some load data for this combination and perhaps some for IMR4831 powder with this bullet as well. I user Nosler Accubonds for my .338 and don't own a Swift manual.

Here's the place to go for your hodgon powder info.

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/338wimag.php

You can also google "IMR powder" and you will get the same type of site.

I'd recomend you start a couple grains below the listed maxes and chrono up from there...you might find a real sweet shooting combo....good luck. And maybe you can use these sites in the future...I reference them from time to time.

Thanks kraky1, I've actually been there too. They list the Nosler Partition at 210 gr. not the Scirroco. So you're saying go ahead and use the Partition data. Sounds good to me, we'll try that.

elkfirst, be aware for your friend that H414 is a great powder in an '06 size case, but very temperature sensitive. I personally don't like to hunt in hot & cold with H414!

wapiti13, you could be onto something here. He's asked me to reload because he's not been able to get his "custom" gun to shoot very well so far. The guy who sold him the gun gave him the recipe, factory Remington Core Lockt's shoot better than the loads he's tried. My Tikka M695 shoots a clover leaf using 225 gr. Accubonds behind IRM4831. Maybe your comment might help me to convince him to try something else before he wastes a bunch of "my" time. What are friends for anyway?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.