Swift Scirocco Bullets

300winnie

Does anyone know what Swift recommends as far as how far off the lands to start load development? I know Barnes recommends starting theirs further off the lands than conventional bullets due to the all copper construction. It seems that they say .050" off the lands to start.

Where the Scirocco is 100% copper in the jacket I am curious as to what their recommendations are.

I would like to get it straight from Swift, but all I get is the answering service. I left a message last week, but no return call yet.

300winnie,
I use the same load data/seating depth for the 150gr Scirocco's that I use for my most accurate Ballistic Tip load. Mine is .010" off. Velocity is a tad slower (maybe 50fps) but accuracy is the same (1/4" for 3 shots). This is from the burned out 7mmRemMag Sendero. Johnny K.

I got a call from Bill Hober (President/CEO) at Swift last Friday. He said they recommend starting at .030" off the lands and working from there.

So, that is where I am at right now. I have cartridges loaded in three shot groups at .5 grain increments from 73.5 to 77.0 grains of RL22 to shoot hopefully this weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.