Swift bullets published BC's

cornstalker

Anyone know how accurate they really are?

One that jumps out at me specifically is the .264 130 grain Scirocco II. It is listed at .571, which seems a tad high.....

No direct experience, but based on some customer data, try .540 if running them at 3000 fps.

Its not necessarily untrue/incorrect, its more because you need the "cumulative average BC" in your ballistics calculator rather than the muzzle velocity G1 BC... so many people still fail to realize the difference...

Last edited:
Groper, I'm pretty sure a benefit for any averaging is dependent on your software.
I'm thinkin Berger is the only maker doing this with their BCs, and we shouldn't assume that's the best move for ALL of us.
Like everything, it has to be validated in the field.

"There is a lot that I don't know, or care to know, about how ballistics programs work and what their sensitivities are to error. By misusing my software, I've noticed that a false BC can be used to match up with things I observed while shooting. Based on that, I conclude that BC's are meaningless, useless, and anyone who expects accurate results with them is naive." - Byran Litz

'nuff said I guess.........

Thanks for clearing that up MontanaRifleman.

Thanks also to Don Ward for sharing reported results. That's what I intended to ask for. I didn't do a very good job on the original question though.....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.