Swfa for an expensive custom rifle? Does it make sense?

joko111

So I have a custom rifle that does not have a scope yet, it's an origin action, manners stock, with a proof barrel and Hawkins, trigger tech, and all of that good stuff… but… I just got a swfa 3-15 today and I'm pretty **** impressed with it, to the point I'm considering putting a $700 scope on a $3500 rifle, I know most people stick with the more money on glass than the rifle rule of thumb or at least spend 1k plus on glass, but I honestly don't need crazy good glass for a hunting scope, Curious if anybody else has used cheaper scopes on higher end rifles rifles? The only reason I'm even considering the swfa is I like the reticle, and the thing is tough…

I think there is a certain outdated elitism with the idea that you need to spend more money on glass than you did your rifle. I buy scopes based on what I need them for and whether they have the features that I want. If alpha level glass is something I want I will buy it. If I want something simple, rugged, and functional I will go with that. One of my builds is very similar to yours and I run a $700 Element Titan 3-18x on it. Does the job I want and I am not worried if it gets damaged. You can always trade up later.