SWFA 5 - 15 x 42 for Ruger Amer. Predator

Litehiker

I wanted a "less expensive" scope for my "less expensive" 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American Predator.

MY SCOPE FEATURES WISH LIST:
->30 mm tube
->FFP mil reticle
->mil turrets
->side focus
->good glass
->less than $700. (Yeah, dreaming, I know.)

I searched a lot until somebody on the 6.5 Creedmoor Forum put me onto SWFA.
The search was over and I got lucky B/C SWFA had a $100. off sale so I got the scope, with shipping, for $573.

So I got a very good scope for a very moderate price. This rifle/scope combo gets 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups with 143 gr. Hornady ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo. I'm happy!

The Predator gets a Timney trigger soon and a Boyd's Classic laminated stock in a few months. The plastic factory stock is light and stays on for mountain hunts.

Eric B.

Good find and great price. I have a SWFA 3-15x mounted on a Savage 223. It isn't HD glass but never had any complaints and going out to 800 yards is simple.

I went with the Zeiss hd5 3-15x42 for a 6.5 creed predator I bought last week. Got a "as new demo" for $669.00 & with the $150.00 mail in rebate, I consider it a steal ! If the scope was a demo I can't tell from looking at it...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.