Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 BT 4A - Where is the sweet spot?

Marine24

Picked up a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 BT 4A scope recently. Still sitting in the box and I'm struggling on what the best application is for this scope.

I'm a big fan of Swarovski optics and the 3.5-18x Z5 has been my standard on my hunting rifles. The price was right on the 5-25x and decided to take the leap.

Looking for suggestions on the best role for the 5-25x scope. The elevation adjustments, ballistic turret and 4A reticle seem to make it ideal for a 500 yard hunting rifle or on a varmint rig.

Am I missing something? How are others using this scope?

Not to change the subject, but how do you like the 3.5 X 18 Z5? What reticle do you have in it? Mine has the BRH, and it has to be on 18X for the reticle to be accurate.

Just wondering, thanks.

Big fan of the 3.5-18X. I have it on my 7m-08 and also have the BRH. Probably one of the best all around hunting scopes I have used, which include Leupold VX-6 and Leica ER/ERi.

I have the Z6 3.5x18x44mm BT 4W. Zero at 200, which will probably be 1 - 3" high at 100 yrds, depending on caliber/bullet. From there, the BT is designed for 600 yrds or less, depending on where you want to set. Have you watched any of the videos on Swarovski's youtube or website?

I have. It is a pretty sweet setup but still don't understand the reticle limitation. Whether the 3.5-18x or 5-25x, you have a lot more magnification and are limited to the elevation adjustment.

If they had also offered the BRX or BRH reticle with the BT, you'd at least have holdover points that could be used. Granted you can use holdover points based on the animal or target you are using.

Swarovski adopted that in the X5i line, so perhaps lesson learned.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.