Swarovski z5 5-25X52 question

Rich Coyle

This is for those who have been using Swarovski z5 5-25X52 that without the ballistic turret for at least a couple hunting seasons. Once you sighted it in did it ever move its point of impact? Was it a set it and forget it proposition?

This is for those who have been using Swarovski z5 5-25X52 that without the ballistic turret for at least a couple hunting seasons. Once you sighted it in did it ever move its point of impact? Was it a set it and forget it proposition?

I had a Swarovski z5 on a hunting rig for 4 season with no issues but my father in law had the same one and his lost zero twice. I would definitely make sure I verify zero before the season just in case.

Mine have stayed true at range and in field. I set and forget using BRH reticle which works for my eyes. Go to their online ballistic calculator, set and forget. No issues very clear glass.

Make sure the rings are not over torqued. I have four of Z-5's. The first one I mounted on a rifle, I suspected that my zero was changing. I remounted the scope keeping the rings at 18 in. pounds. ( they were at 26 ). Never again had a problem.

Have to agree with a Swaro it should not be a scope issue if zero changes. There are a lot of variables in there that can effect your zero. Years ago I had a friend who claimed his Rem semi 30-06 was not accurate. We went out to check our zero and he tagged along yes his gun shot horrible. We sat and looked it over it was his cheap flip up scope mounts. Went back to the house remounted the scope solid and that gun shot a inch and a quarter group. We sure could have blamed his scope or rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.