Swarovski Z5 3.5-15 BT adjustment range

lmhouseman

Can someone please explain how much actual elevation adjustment this scope has. The Swarovski site says the scope has 58 MOA total elevation adjustment, which I assume means 29 MOA up and 29 MOA down. However, several posts I've read say that you can only dial up one revolution of the turret which is about 10 MOA. What am I missing?

I would call swaro customer service. When I was looking I had a similar question...I believe the answer is that if it has BT it only allows one revolution, but no BT can do more than one revolution.

Don't quote me on that bc my memory could be off...to get the real answer I would call them.

The Z5 3.5-18x44 BT turret has 53 clicks above the zero stop. That's because 5 of the 58 clicks/rev are used up by the zero stop mechanism.

HighPowerOptics has another option: Micrometer Style knobs for low profile turrets. This option gives you an compact, yet accurate turret that can be dialed over the full range (58 Inches per hundred yards). This turret works with all the reticle options, especially the BRH reticle. You can get custom ballistic drop labels for the Micrometer Style knobs as well.

Z5 MS Turrets_med.jpg

Micrometer Style knobs for Swarovski low-profile turrets

The Z5 3.5-18x44 BT turret has 53 clicks above the zero stop. That's because 5 of the 58 clicks/rev are used up by the zero stop mechanism.

HighPowerOptics has another option: Micrometer Style knobs for low profile turrets. This option gives you an compact, yet accurate turret that can be dialed over the full range (58 Inches per hundred yards). This turret works with all the reticle options, especially the BRH reticle. You can get custom ballistic drop labels for the Micrometer Style knobs as well.

View attachment 44716

Micrometer Style knobs for Swarovski low-profile turrets

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still confused. What does Swarovski mean when they say the scope has 58 MOA adjustment range. Sounds to me like it only has 14 MOA up elevation adjustment, even with the HighPowerOptics knobs.

Have you used these dials by chance? I have been contemplating this scope or a vX-6 3-18 cds? have not got a confirmation on swarovski travel with ballistic dials,called Outdoorsmans but the guy I talked to didn't have exact numbers. Was hoping to dial out to 700 yds or better for my 280AI

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still confused. What does Swarovski mean when they say the scope has 58 MOA adjustment range. Sounds to me like it only has 14 MOA up elevation adjustment, even with the HighPowerOptics knobs.

58 moa is the total adjustment available but with the basic zero stop setup it is limited to 1 turn which is 13.5 moa on mine.If you removed the little plastic zero stopper you would have the full range of adjustment. I havn't seen the highpower set up but my guess is it will have no zero stop and therefore have the full range available.

Have you used these dials by chance? I have been contemplating this scope or a vX-6 3-18 cds? have not got a confirmation on swarovski travel with ballistic dials,called Outdoorsmans but the guy I talked to didn't have exact numbers. Was hoping to dial out to 700 yds or better for my 280AI

My 280ai will reach 700 yds with a 200yd zero and 13.5 moa so its possible but would depend on your load. The vx 6 is possably a better option if you want to reach further. I had a 3-18 vx6 for a while but moved it on.

Just to be clear, the Micrometer Style knobs work just like the Swarovski low profile knobs, except that they show numerical click values in units of inches per hundred yards and are marked around the entire turret. There is no zero stop and the turrets adjust over the entire 58 inches per hundred yards adjustment range. The Swarovski low profile knobs have no click numbers and only show click marks around half the turret.

Are these dials quick to change out if you have more than one load? Looks like stickers on it? Kind of like the etched ones out there

Yeah, the Micrometer Style knob uses weatherproof labels. Four labels are provided for each design that's purchased. We provide a small tweezer for holding the label without damaging it. To change loads you just pull the existing label off and apply the new one. You can go back and forth between labels four times before running out of labels. For most people that's four hunting seasons.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts