Swarovski Z3 Plex Reticle

JohnyRingo

Does anyone use their standard Plex reticle as a BDC reticle, meaning do you use the post above the main crosshair for one yardage (100 yards), the main crosshair for the zero yardage (200 yards) and the post below the main crosshair for a third yardage (300 yards)? The reason I ask is I bought a Swarovski Z3 Plex Scope without ever looking through one in person. When I got the scope, I noticed the plex reticle isn't a very wide reticle (ie. the cross hairs become thick very sudden) and I also found out that this model (3.5-10x42 mm) doesn't have the capability of putting a BDC turret on it. My only BDC turret option is a Micrometer Style Turret Knob, which is a custom turret label made by Highpoweroptics.com. This system involves unscrewing the turret cover each time I want to adjust the yardage. This is why I am asking about using the Plex reticle for different yardages, when I don't have time to unscrew the turret cap before the shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.