Swarovski Z3

claybusterking

Hey Guys,

I just bought the 300 win mag thompson center prohunter. Will the z3 4-12x50 brx reticle work. I would like to get out around the 400 to 550 yard range . Big game hunts and some target shooting. Please advise. Thanks

I have a Z3 3-10X42 with a 4A recticle which is great for quick target acquisition and easy to see in very low light situation. I would be afraid the BRX would be hard to pick up in the low light situations. The Z3 is a great scope, you'll be happy with it.

Hey Guys,

I just bought the 300 win mag thompson center prohunter. Will the z3 4-12x50 brx reticle work. I would like to get out around the 400 to 550 yard range . Big game hunts and some target shooting. Please advise. Thanks

Whether it works depends on how well the trajectory of the bullet you choose for your 300Win Mag matches the reticle. Have you studied the manual for the scope? The BRH is the same reticle with heavier lines to make it easier to read in low light.

http://www.eurooptic.com/PDF/swarovski-brh-reticle-manual.pdf

my guess is you're wondering will the marks on the reticle get you out to 550 yards. the answer is they will get you way farther than that.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.