Questions on Swarovski z3 /5 reticles

left handed gun

Any thoughts on pros/cons of different Swarovski reticle options for Z3 or Z5?

I kind of like the simpler, uncluttered look of the Plex reticle with the ballistic turret.

But it seems the BRX reticle gives you a lot more options.

Any thoughts? It would most likely be going on my Weatherby Vanguard 300, but there is some chance I'd put it on my M1A with NM bbl and trigger, just because I'd get a whole lot more use out of it at the range that way. The M1A is not a hunting rifle, but I probably put 100 rounds through it for 20 shot in the Weatherby

Also, is there any other scope in this rough price range that surpasses the Swaros I've mentioned?

The Z3 and 5 are not cheap, and a Zeiss Victory or Swaro Z6 or S & B is more than I care to part with.

And some feedback on sources would be appreciated. I tried Optics Planet, even got a fabulous price ($1400, new, not a Demo) and placed an order for 5-25 52 w/ BRX. But a week went by with no Fed Ex tracking no. then they e-mailed me "cancelling" the order. So I am scratching my head over that one, and making sure they refund the $$, but looking at alternative sources. How about Euro Optics?

I support brick and mortar local stores where I can, but at this price level have to save where I can.

I have a Z5 with the ballistic turret and 4w reticle. Great scope, super light. Limitation is that it only has about 13 moa of vertical adjustment. Also I've had good experiences with Euro Optic.

I have a Z5 with the ballistic turret and 4w reticle. Great scope, super light. Limitation is that it only has about 13 moa of vertical adjustment. Also I've had good experiences with Euro Optic.

+1. z5 with the BT and the 4W is great. Optics are beautiful. Scope is light and I've never knocked one out of adjustment.

As stated, watch out for the 13MOA adjustment over your zero stop setting. If you are going to hunt at ranges where <13MOA over your zero gets it done, I highly recommend this scope.

Thanks for reply. Euro Optics also recommended the turret + 4W.

BTW, Optics Planet did refund my money, but it took a while. I think Optics Planet sells it, then instead of having it in their warehouse, they try to get it from Swarovski via drop shipment to customer. Apparently Swaro is short on these scopes right now. That's as close to an explanation as I got.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.