Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 BRH

roberte65

Does anyone have experience with the Swaro Z3 and the BRH? The 3-10x42 with BRH looks to be a great topper for my whitetail rifle. And the Swaro Ballistics calculator seems to give decently usable sub tension holds with the 30-06 loadings id be using.

Does anyone have a comment on the eye relief/ eye box? The in-field usability of the BRH reticle? Focus at longer ranges?

Direct competitor in the price range would be the leupy vx-5hd w/ cdszl, but id rather not have to dial for whitetail.

Thanks!

I just got the Z3 4x12 with the BRH. IMHO, it focused better for me than the Z5 - both in hand outside the store. The eye relief is at least as forgiving as a Leupold VX3 I have. Cannot speak on anything else yet as I have not had a chance with weather to permit trying it out.

Thought I would see if they are a marked improvement over the other scopes I have with minimum investment - we will see.

Last edited:
I just purchased 2 of the Swavorski scopes you mentioned. I love both because of the clarity and reticle clarity along with the generous eye relief. Oh also light weight was a plus also. For the price i do not think you could do much better. Being a lefty and having a not so good left eye makes it hard to find a scope that meets all my demands. I do not know what you consider long range but if 10x is not enough maybe it is a bit to far to make an ethical shot. Just my opinion. Enjoy your excellent purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.