Swarovski Optik, my very positive experience

SidecarFlip

Bought a pair of Swaro EL 10 x 40 bino's from one of my hunting buds, he's getting a set of 10-40 EL Range Ranging bino's and who needs 2 pair so he offered his EL's to me for a fantastic price and I snapped them up....

There was an issue with the RH twist up eyecup. The tiny pins that index in the fast helix had come out and were lodged in the outer barrel between the ocular extension and the rubber amour, rendering the eyecup basically useless.

I removed the eyecup and the inner boss, took a jewelers pick and extracted the pins.

Called Swarovski Optik in Cranston Rhode Island this morning and spoke to Dell. I referenced the serial number and Dell told me (though my buddy said he sent in the warranty card) they were never registered but the serial number traced them back to an authorized dealer.

Because they were never registered, Dell registered them in my name and went on to tell me that the eyecups are considered a consumable item, they need replacement after a while, but, because Swarovski warrants the bino's forever, Swaro was sending me at NO CHARGE a set of 2 eyecup assemblies.... WOW.

Dell went on to tell me that at anytime I can send them to Swarovski and they will clean and align them if necessary and replace any worn parts, NO CHARGE...

That my friends, is a warranty.

I also ordered the EL series winged eyecup extensions and the appropriate rain cover.

Considering the price (new), I'm still impressed.

Swaro's cleaning regimen is to remove the eyecups and objective covers and put the bino's under a running faucet to remove accumulated dirt, somerhing I questioed Dell about and he told me he does it all the time, the Bino's are totally waterproof.....cool.

Love em....:):D

My issue is / was that the price of admission is too high (on a new pair or scope for that matter) for this old retiree to afford.

I just 'lucked' into this pair. They aren't going anywhere except in my pack.

My wife raves about her Swarovski Crystal (she's gotten a few pieces at auction). Like me though, she can't afford new.

I'm not proud, neither is she.:)

I did ask Del about how warranties impact units not bought from authorized dealers...aka: grey market bino's and scopes and he told me thats at the discretion of Swarovski if they honor repairs or not.

In my case, they were purchased originally from an authorized dealer, he was quickly able to trace the history with the serial number.

I think I'll toss my Bushnell's or put them in a garage sale, the Swaro's are light years better.

Can't wait for my hunt bud to get his EL Range's. I want to see how well they perform, I'm sure they will perform above his expectations....

He's looked at all the high end players and handled them all. He likes the Swaro's simplistic design, heck the look like a pair of ordinary EL's with a bulge and a button.... and a couple grand addition in price.

Very impressive optic...

Ive gone threw quite few eye cups,use to use a holder for bino where had to have down.Dont run them in and out like i use to and ok.Lot less $$ when I got mine,buy most of my stuff used now that older and the stuff i picked up looked new.My els are something like 12 yrs old been threw the chit

The ones I bought from my hunting bud are pristine, not a mark anywhere.... except the eyecup, which is being replaced by Swarovski.

I think (could be wrong, been wrong before) that with the winged eyeshields, the cups stay extended, that is (from looking at the pictures on their site), the wings fit under the soft cup, on the barrel.

My other hunt bud (I do my out west hunts with the same 2 guys all the time) has a pair of high end Zeiss and he has the winged eyeshields and I really like the way they block the light out.

I could never afford a new pair. I will get to fondle the EL Range's when he gets them. Actually, I'm going to buy them for him. He despises the Internet and is really anti-forum which is too bad because he's a very accomplished hunter and long range marksman.

Least I got him a Hunt'in Fool membership which he enjoys.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.