Swarovski NL Pure or NF ATACR

General RE LEE

Current set up:

Zeiss Conquest 10x42
Leupold VX5HDs 3-15x44 (clear and tracks perfect after hundreds of rounds)

Looking to upgrade to alpha glass. Which would you choose?

New binocular Swarovski NL Pure 8x42

New scope Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 MOAR SFP

If you hunt a lot. NL pures for sure. But not 8x42. 10's or 12's.

If you shoot a lot and don't hunt much, the ATACR is sweet, but you won't gain anything optically, but they are extremely durable and have much more pronounced turret clocks. But are also 10oz heavier.

If you hunt a lot. NL pures for sure. But not 8x42. 10's or 12's.

If you shoot a lot and don't hunt much, the ATACR is sweet, but you won't gain anything optically, but they are extremely durable and have much more pronounced turret clocks. But are also 10oz heavier.

I have both 8 and 10x42s currently and the 8s work great in the woods and fields here in Tennessee. Also 8s have a bigger exit pupil for low light. I also have less shake when glassing with 8s vs 10s.

The NL Pure has an incredible viewing angle that is over 9 degrees in the 8x.

I have both 8 and 10x42s currently and the 8s work great in the woods and fields here in Tennessee. Also 8s have a bigger exit pupil for low light. I also have less shake when glassing with 8s vs 10s.

The NL Pure has an incredible viewing angle that is over 9 degrees in the 8x.
Makes perfect sense then! I was just assuming out west, 1 mile glassing distances for some reason.

If your VX5 is tried and true with tracking and RTZ, the only thing that will impress you about the ATACR is the turrets & reticle (maybe). The glass quality and eye box were rather disappointing compared to my VX6-HD when I made the switch. I sold it shortly after getting it.

Swarovski is a step up from Zeiss Conquest for sure. If you want to step up from VX5, though, which is excellent glass, you're looking at European glass, not NF. Swarovski, S&B, etc. all $$$.

Makes perfect sense then! I was just assuming out west, 1 mile glassing distances for some reason.

If your VX5 is tried and true with tracking and RTZ, the only thing that will impress you about the ATACR is the turrets & reticle (maybe). The glass quality and eye box were rather disappointing compared to my VX6-HD when I made the switch. I sold it shortly after getting it.

YES!! I have 3 VX5 HDs and the glass is incredible especially in low light. The eye boxes are huge, forgiving and lots of eye relief.

I have 2 firedot duplex reticles and 1 wind plex and was wanting something with illuminated MOA. That is why I was considering the 4-16x50 NF ATACR.

The Windplex reticle on my VX5HD may be a better fit and I already have it.

In the context of you searching out "alpha" glass, I'd go with the Swaros. The 4-16 ATACR is definitely not in the alpha category.