Swarovski EL Objective Lens Covers

Brown Dog

Considering replacing the useless standard objective lens covers on my 10x42s with a couple of Butler Creek flip ups.

Anyone been down this route already?

Thanks!

I love my ELs but like you said the obj flip caps are worthless. FWIW at the SHOT show the rep promised a new and better product was on it's way. I have yet to see one.

Great minds run in circles...I've been looking in shops for a set of Butler Creeks to fit my ELs, but haven't found what works yet.

Brown Dog ,

Did just what you are suggesting for my Nikon 10x50 binocs. In order to find a good fit I had to go to a dealer that had a full selection of the Butler caps AND was willing to let me manhandle them till I found the right ones .

Worked out great , super fit and good protection . Go for it , cuz your binocs are a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifbit more worth saving than mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JIm B.

Fulldraw and Jimm,

Thanks for the answers. I think it'll be one phone call to my bino dealer to check the 'swaro solution'...and then I'll be getting a pair of butler creeks!

Fulldraw,

I'd be grateful if you'd post the Butler Creek model required if you find it in the near future; there are no stockists near me for me to test fit, I'll be having to mail order. Thanks.

This solution worked great on my Swarovski EL 10X42 binoculars.

A set of Butler Creek Flip-Open Scope covers sized 34 OBJ, 2.100 inches, 53.3 mm will work perfectly after a wee bit of trimming with a sharp pocket knife.

Sorry to have taken so long to find the answer to this question.

Fulldraw,

Outstanding.
Thanks for the answer!
Just in time for me to get a couple ordered before the rains of Scotland.

Thanks again

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.