Leupold Flip up Lens Covers

baydog

Hello.
I bought a Leupold flip up lens cover kit part#62995 for a VX-R 4-12x50mm scope I have. It works great and it's O-ringed sealed. Great covers!..So I bought another kit same part #622995 for another VX-2 4-12x50mm and it fit's great but the 3rd and oldest
Vari-X II 3x9x50mm I have that was probally bought in the late 90's maybe early 2000 I'm having trouble finding this same kit for this scope. With the same Leupold part#62995 ,The objective end threads on good but the eye piece end won't thread on. It seems like the eye piece end is a little bigger or diffrent thread..Been trying to call Leupold but while at work I can't stay on hold that long when I call and they're not open on Saturdays..Does anyone have any ideal whats going on with the eye piece end with this older scope??The threads look good on the eye peice end but it just won't start on that end but does on the objective end using the same kit as I did on the first 2 scopes..Are the eye piece ends diffrent on the 4x12x50mm as the ones on the 3x9x50mm??
Thanks
Scotty

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.